Skip to main content

Bride Alert! Emergency Kit

Dear bride, or should I say future Mrs?


I am excited just as you are; yes we both are reeling in surplus adrenaline.
The day that the lord has made is almost here, just a few days to go and you will be getting married to the man of your dreams the exact man of your prayers.

Sigh! I understand your need for everything to be just perfect. Nothing should dare go wrong on that day, nothing has the exclusive permission to do so. I know that hence, I will be assisting you with tips you probably overlooked that would make your day anxiety free.

Every bride needs her emergency kit it is a necessary back up not an option. Yes your wedding planner of course is terrific, an absolute professional detailed to the core and does not leave anything to chance; your soul sisters inclusive. You can trust them to run your wedding while you chill. Good. Very good. However it is imperative you have a stash of extras. This is your emergency kit and you should not move an inch until you have checked and double checked that you are well fortified against any unforseen minor emergencies that could lead to full blown disasters.

Starters; l encourage every bride to have Paracetamol close by for any pesky migraine which could strike as a result of all the excitement. That or any other preferable substitute to avoid discomfort.

Mints: For fresh breaths all day long. This should be encouraged not just for the wedding day only. Every lady should have a pack of mints in her bag at all times; bad breath is less excusable as a woman.

Face wipes: To remove make up and apply fresh ones.

Flat shoes: Ballets flats as you please: You will not be able to wear your heels throughout inasmuch as you would want to showoff. So when the heels begin toasting those feet, slip into something more comfy and you would be thankful. Needless to say how useful it will be when rocking the dance floor.

Extra earring clips: The naughty thing about pin earrings is that the hooks can fly off unnoticed and your valuable piece of jewellery could fall off and get missing if you are not careful. However, there is comfort in knowing you have spare clips. 

Hair pins: Grab enough pins especially in the colours brown or black it won't hurt anyone.

White chalk: This is for blotting makeup stains on your wedding dress such as lipstick smudges, brown powder or any other light makeup mishap. 

A mobile sewing machine or needle and thread: This is for wedding dress disasters. A bridesmaid could innocently step on your wedding dress and rip the seams apart or it could get torn while your wedding planner tries to get it out of the grasp of the a cloth hanger. Anything can happen so get a mobile sewing kit with appropriate thread colours to avoid going bonkers if such a thing should befall.

Polish bottle: Toss this in among the other items in case of chipped nail paint so you can have a quick brush up. 

Aha, lest I forget, bottled water; You don't want to be looking frizzled out now, do you? You should have water close by so you look hydrated and refreshed.

Safety pins: to join any loose ends of your bridal clothing.

Snacks, candy:  Energy boosters for the fagged out bride.

Cash: Absolutely important you have money nearby or debit cards just in case. This particular item is not subject to review it is a must.

Counterfeit/spare wedding ring๐Ÿ’: I know, I know, this is just too hilarious. Still don't rule out the possibility anything can happen; you might have a careless bestman or groom, the rings could arrive late via airmail; flight could be delayed then what? I am not saying it will but what if? What if your village people or his village people choose that day to act up. To be on the safe side have a counterfeit ring!


On a last note, the bride should whip up her emergency collections, bundle them altogether in a tote bag and hand them over to someone she trust and would be close enough throughout that day; probably one of the ladies.



Xoxo


Photo credit:pexels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fine Art Of Water Poisoning And Oh, I Sweat Salt?!

@princess__kay_ “Alexilore you are sweating.” My companion says. I turn briefly to meet his peering gaze before returning my attention to my lappy screen. “I am sweating”, I state in a mocking tone, “because there is heat”. I roll my eyes. Two heart beats later, I am aware of a scrutinizing pair of eyes on me. @princess__kay_  “What?” I snap “You are making me unduly self-conscious”. He leans forward, trails his finger on my neck and chin, where my sweat had caked, lifts the same finger to my forehead and imitates his previous gestures and then, rubs the white crusty particles against his thumb and forefinger in curiosity. His eyes flick up to mine. “What's this?” “ Salt” I say flatly. “Unbelievable”. He mutters, peering at the white particles between his fingers, “can I lick it?” “Don't be ridiculous!” I slap his hands, dusting the particles off, yet he still manages to ward me off, holds my hands firmly at my sides as he puts his finger to his m

MOVIE REVIEW (WEDDING PARTY 2 - DESTINATION DUBAI )

Alright, my review is late, very, very, late. I watched The Wedding Party 2 just a few days ago. "How was it?" it was a rip off. Lols. That is exactly how I felt, like EbonyLife TV deceived me, the trailers deceived me, Nigerians hype over the movie, deceived me! Chai!๐Ÿ˜‚. Watching Wedding Party 2 I did not get that same sense of satisfaction(I get when I have eaten a good meal), I got from watching the Ist series. Also, it did not assuage the anticipation that had built up in me and reached a crescendo. If you know how I had been chanting "wedding party two, wedding party two," dancing and disturbing everyone in the house, you would understand it was a very humbling moment for me, when I returned from the cinema and was asked, "so how was it?" Okay, before I go on and on ranting about how the movie dissapointeddddd me, let me gist you my first-hand-viewing-experience of the glorified Wedding Party 2. What makes a movie delightful, leave a lastin

Beauty in Discolouration-Vitiligo

Image source: Tuko.co.ke                   Photo credit: Mark Tolbert                           Have you ever encountered anyone with vitiligo? In secondary school I did although in ignorance.